Italian Sausage and Pepper Rolls
Total cook time: 20 mins.
Prep: 5 mins
If you’re looking for a quick, scrumptious dinner that can turn into several lunches your co-workers will be envious of, look no further.
This is my Italian Sausage and Pepper Roll recipe that is full of flavor with minimal ingredients and almost zero prep. It’s a total win.
Here's How You Make Happiness in the Form of a Sandwich
- 1 package of Hot Italian Sausages (I personally LOVE spicy food, but choose whichever sausage your taste buds enjoy the most)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Seeded and thinly sliced)
- ¼ Large White Onion (Thinly sliced)
- 5 Sub Rolls (or hoagie depending where you’re from)
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce
- 2 Pinches of Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Cook sausages on medium heat, turning frequently (every 2 mins) until fully cooked (internal temp of 160 degrees). This will take roughly 12-15 mins.
- Smart Tip: While the sausages are cooking, slice the onion and bell pepper into thin strips to save time.
- In the same pan, sauté peppers and onions. Toss and turn ingredients together so the peppers and onions cook in the oil from cooking the sausages (yum!)
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper to your liking, you don’t need much.
- Cook until peppers are slightly tender and onion is translucent.
- Heat up rolls in the toaster oven and warm up marinara sauce in the microwave.
- When it’s done, pile on sausage, peppers and onions, and marinara sauce to your liking! Top with Parmesan cheese, because well… it’s amazing.
This gave me 5 meals total and tastes awesome reheated!
Enjoy and let me know how it turns out in the comments or take a pic and post on Instagram using #EWPRecipes. Enjoy!
If you have questions message me on Instagram @notacrumbbakery