I have a serious crush on Sweet Potatoes.
Is it an obsession? Maybe.
Do I want to share my favorite Sweet Potato mishmashes? Definitely!
Sweet Potatoes are one of the most versatile items you can find in the produce section of your local grocery store. They can be grilled, roasted, steamed, puréed and baked.
Quite notably one of the most popular recipes in my kitchen, the Pork Carnita Stuffed Sweet Potato.
A quick & easy meal that will soon become a regular at your table. Avocadoes and Sweet Potatoes are nature’s power couple that’s rich in potassium, which helps lower blood pressure and relieve stress.
Had a hard day at work? Eat this for dinner!
What are Pork Carnitas, you ask? When Pork Shoulder is slow roasted in the oven or crockpot and then pan fried until crispy, that’s Carnitas! I like to marinate Pork with fresh Oranges and Spices.
Other Stuffed Sweet Potato garnishes we like to use include - diced Onions, steamed Carrots, Cauliflower Rice, Greek Yogurt, Cilantro, Green Onion and Hot Sauce.
Have you bought a Spiralizer yet?
If you haven’t, you’re seriously missing out. Noodles made out of vegetables? Whoa…. Mind blown. Spiralizing your vegetables helps you cut calories, carbs and fat. Hello skinny jeans!
Here’s a quick shot of my Sweet Potato Noodle Carbonara, Wow! This Recipe can be found at SliceOfJess.com.
Cooking for a crowd while on a budget? Why not try these Sweet Potato Crusted Quiches?
So simple, yet so satisfying. See the ones on the top left? Those were my favorite.
Sweet Potatoes make an excellent crust and adapt to the flavors around them. Normally, you will see Sweet Potatoes used in savory recipes, but you can use them as a dessert crust if you mix them with Cinnamon and Sugar. Oh my, mini Sweet Potato crusted Apple Tarts.
I think I know what I’m making this weekend!
Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Cheese of your choice (I used Mozzarella)
- 8 Eggs
- Any filling you may wish (Broccoli, Spinach, Herbs, Ham)
- Oil for greasing (cooking spray works too)
- Cook Sweet Potatoes until fork tender. Mash with Breadcrumbs and Cheese until well mixed. (Steam, Boil or Microwave the Potatoes)
- Grease muffin tin and spoon some Sweet Potato mix into each tin; press down and form crust.
- Bake crusts at 400 for 10 mins.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and turn it down to 350. Now add your toppings to each crust.
- Wisk your Eggs together so the yolk and whites are evenly distributed. Pour Egg mixture over your crust and toppings. Fill cups just slightly below the muffin tin line, they will expand while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until Egg is set
Written by Jessica Bentley | @sliceofjess
Recipe Inventor, Spiralizer Addict, & Local Produce Lover