Charlotte Foodie Adventures: February 16 - 22
Explore Charlotte’s Food& Drink Scene this week
Thursday, February 16th
Taco Sociale Kickoff Fiesta! @ Vida Cantina, 5pm - 7pm
It’s been a long day and you’re ready for Happy Hour. There’s nothing better than enjoying some party favors, appetizer samplers, drink specials, and much more after work with your buds. Some of the specials include:
· $3 Corona Light Drafts
· $4 Local Craft Beers
· $2 Select Signature Tacos
Friday, February 17th
Cheese & Cider Pairing @ Red Clay Ciderworks, 7pm - 9pm
Red Clay Ciderworks and Orrman’s Cheese Shop are uniting for one epic tasting! There will be four different pairing and seating is limited to 14 so get your ticket ASAP.
Trinity Brewery Night @ Bottled & Tapped (in Cornelius), 6pm - 10pm
Trinity Brewing from Colorado Springs, Colorado will be the guest brewery on tap and there will be live music by Karl Stolz at 7pm. If you find yourself up by the lake, this is definitely a fun event to check out and taste some new brews.
Saturday, February 18th
First Sycamore Brunch of 2017 @ Sycamore Brewing, 9am – 12pm
Enjoy a Beer-mosa and nosh on this amazing menu provided by Gyro Twins Truck!
· Lamb Hash and Eggs: A hash of Bourbon and beer braised lamb breast, potatoes and yams topped with two over easy eggs and warm pita wedges.
· Chicken Avocado Omelette: eggs, grated kefalotyri cheese, spit roasted chicken and sliced avocado.
· Steel Cut Oatmeal: hot oatmeal served with your choice of brown sugar or maple syrup and dried fruits and nuts or fresh berries.
· House-made Persimmon Bran or Blueberry Muffin and Greek Yogurt Parfait: A grill toasted and buttered muffin served alongside a bowl of thick Greek yogurt topped with honey and chopped walnuts.
· FYI: Bacon or Canadian bacon can be added to any breakfast.
The Dirty Commie Heathen Release Party @ The Unknown Brewing Company, 11am
Enjoy this hearty Russian Imperial Stout that is slow aged in whiskey barrels with sun-dried cherries. Limited supplies available and RSVP is a must!
Sunday, February 19th
Presidents’ Day Weekend Pajama Party @ Birdsong Brewing, 12 – 8pm
Celebrate the oh-so-treasured 3-day-weekend in your PJ’s. There will be a special cask of Honey Pie Double IPA (YUM) along with Tin Kitchen on site from 12-7pm serving up some of your favorite brunch items. NOTE: A special prize will be awarded to the person with the best pajamas… so whip out those bad boys and show them off to everyone!
Dads, Bags and Brews @ Birdsong Brewing Co., 2pm - 4pm
This monthly meet-up hosted by Baby + Co is designed for new and upcoming dads to meet other CLT papas. Bring your baby and enjoy a brewski and some cornhole. Can’t make it? No problem, their next meet-up will be in March at Sycamore Brewing. PS: Moms are welcome too. :)
Tuesday, February 21st
Girls Pint Out @ Birdsong Brewing Co., 6:30pm
Calling all ladies! Enjoy a pint our two with your bestie for this event hosted by Charlotte Girls Pint Out. **This is a ladies only event… sorry gents**
Tasting of 21 Italian Wines from Mac de Grazia Portfolio @ Aria Tuscan Grill
Taste 21 Italian Wines and enjoy a 5 course dinner for only $30!
· First Course - orecchiette with sausage, broccoli rabe, toasted garlic
· Second Course - house made gnocchi, short rib ragu, parmigiano
· Third Course - pasta al nero, crab, shrimp, mussels, linguine, spicy creamy marinara
· Fourth Course - house made cannelloni, braised duck, brussel sprout chips, white sauce
· Fifth Course - house made ricotta ravioli, UAV ricotta, local honey, vanilla bean gelato
A Peculiar VEGAN Affair - Adventure Dinner, 7pm - 9:30pm
Join Charlotte Food Adventures for a fabulous 6-course Vegan Feast at this month’s farm-to-fork gastropub, The Peculiar Rabbit.
· First Course: Orange You Tasty-- Aztec oranges with pickled red onion and candied lime zest.
· Second Course: Thai One On-- Coconut curry soup with wild mushrooms, radishes, peppers and onions. Topped with cilantro, lime, and chili peanuts.
· Third Course: Fig & Flora-- Roasted butternut squash, whiskey figs, and pistachios tossed with arugula in their house made fig balsamic vinaigrette. Finished with grated cauliflower.
· Fourth Course: Jack Rabbit-- Jackfruit taquitos served with a sweet potato “queso”.
· Fifth Course: Let Them Eat Cake-- Warm chocolate cake with a scoop of velvet coffee “ice cream”.
· Sixth Course: Cheese Please: A selection of house made vegan cheese with local honey, fresh fruit, and crispy crackers.
Wednesday, February 22:
Paleo Hands-On Cooking Class @ Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen
Learn how to make a delicious Paleo meal from scratch. (Helpful Hint: The entire meal is gluten-free as well).
· French piperade with farm eggs
· Braised lamb shanks with spiced tahini
· Savory sweet potato, roasted garlic and root vegetable skillet pie
Cheese & Wine Class / Tasting @ Orrman’s Cheese Shop
Enjoy a variety of Cheese and Wine parings guided by the experts: Josh of the Assorted Table and Rachel from Orrman’s Cheese Shop. Your ticket is only $25 and includes 10% off any cheese purchases during the night of event.
Beer Stein Class @ Three Spirits Brewery, 6pm - 9pm
Have you always wanted to design your own stein? Well here’s your chance. For $39.99 you get a 2-hour class, clay, tools, and two points of your choice. Make sure to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the class so they can get started in time. Tickets available on Eventbrite.com.