Charlotte Foodie Adventures: February 23 - March 1
Explore Charlotte’s Food & Drink Scene This Week
Thursday, February 23:
5Church’s first Somm Series with Patricia Smith @ 5Chuch
Explore the world of sparkling wine from different regions of the world. Learn where sparkling wine gets its bubbles and why it tastes so good with fried chicken! Each glass of bubbly will be paired with small bites prepared by Chef Jamie Lynch.
Sushi Making Class @ The Carolina Fish & Food Market, 7pm - 9pm.
Learn to make sushi like a pro! This course will be taught by Chef Hitomi, who grew up making Japanese sushi in Japan. Find tickets at carolinafishmarket.com.
Friday, February 24:
Bottle Release: Turtles on Pterodactyls @ Birdsong Brewing Co., 3PM
This beloved MexiCali Stout aged in bourbon barrels deserves a party of its own and voila… here it is! Join Birdsong Brewing for this exciting brew release.
Maggiano’s & Olde Mecklenburg Brewery Beer Dinner, 7pm - 10pm
Your $45 ticket includes a decadent 4-course dinner paired with a 6oz pour for each course. Attendees will also be entered to win prizes from Maggiano’s and Olde Meck! The menu includes:
1. First Course: Copper Sausage Stew with Captain Jack's Mussels
2. Second Course: Cherry, Apple, and Kale Salad with Crispy Pancetta and South Side Weiss Vinaigrette
3. Third Course (Select One): Hornets Nest Fish and Chips or Dunkel Braised Beef
4. Fourth Course: Chocolate Pretzel Bread Pudding with Fat Boy Sauce
Saturday, February 25:
Barks and Brews @ Free Range Brewery, 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Enjoy a few brews in support of this fundraiser supporting the Southeast German Shepherd Rescue.
Putting the OM in kOMbucha - Yoga @ Lenny Boy Brewing Co., 10am - 11am
This week’s class will be instructed by Heather Jewett from Okra. Your $5 ticket gets you into the yoga class and a 6oz beer or Kombucha. Yoga for a cause? Yes please! 20% of the ticket proceeds go towards the Men’s Shelter of Charlotte.
Ales & Tails @ Legion Brewing, 4pm- 8pm
This is an awesome fundraiser that helps get all Charlotte-Mecklenburg school children access to technology at home. Roots Catering will be serving up amazing beer-soaked brats. During the event, for every Adventure Tap Beer ($5) sold, $1 will be donated to the charity of the month - E2D Eliminate the Digital Divide.
Pet Wants Charlotte will also be on site. This is an urban feed store for your four-legged friends, specializing in uniquely blended food for your pup along with all-natural treats. They’ve invited some of their friends to be there as well, including pet photography, obedience school, and much more.
Charlotte Wing Fest @ Rooftop 210, 2pm
Join Charlotte’s favorite restaurants as they battle for the Best Wings In Town. Your ticket includes entry to the event, 12 wing tastings, beer pairing samples, live entertainment, and access to the cash bar. Tickets are just $20 (Early Bird valid for a limited time.)
Monday, February 27:
Painting @ The Peculiar Rabbit, 7pm
Paint your little heart out while eating some fabulous food. Space is limited to 30 so go to www.thepaintedpint.com to reserve your spot today. Your ticket gets you a 20% discount on your meal.
Tuesday, February 28:
7-Course Wine Dinner @ Essex Bar & Bistro, 6:30pm
Your $60 ticket includes this delicious 7-course dinner paired with Scherrer Wines:
1. Roasted Beet Salad: candied pecans, feta-yogurt spread, arugula, shaved goat gouda, sherry vinaigrette. Paired with the 2015 Dry Rose.
2. Potato Gnocchi: mushrooms, peas, brown butter sauce, shaved parmesan. Paired with the 2014 Scherrer Vineyard Chardonnay.
3. Korean Style Pork Buns: steamed bun, quick kimchi, garlic aoili, szechuan sauce, cilantro-cucumber salad. Paired with the 2012 Russian River Valley Syrah.
4. Seafood Provencal: shrimp, mussels, squid, white wine tomato sauce, garlic naan. Paired with the 2013 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir.
5. Lamb Chop Lollipops: seasonal Vegetables, balsamic reduction, olive oil. Paired with the 2013 Scherrer Vineyard 'Old & Mature Vines' Zinfandel.
6. Short Rib Ravioli: house-made ravioli, demi-glaze, shaved parmesan, roasted pearl onions, carrots. Paired with the 2011 Scherrer Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon.
7. Strawberry Chocolate Mousse: Paired with the chocolate mousse, caramelized strawberries, chocolate glaze, strawberry icing.
Beer Dinner featuring Unknown Brewery @ Wild Wing Café, 7pm
Enjoy 5 delicious courses paired with 5 beers. The menu includes:
1. Toasted Ravioli with Homemade Marinara
2. Caprese Salad with a Balsamic Reduction
3. Tuscan Sausage and Kale Soup
4. Chicken Marsala with Risotto and Sautéed Spinach
5. Chocolate Mousse
Celebrity Chef Series: Feed the Children @ Fahrenheit-Charlotte
Chef Rocco and other celebrity guest chefs will host a multi-course dinner at Fahrenheit in collaboration with FeedtheChildren.org. Come enjoy a delicious meal created and prepared by some of the best chefs in the business and make a difference at the same time.