If you haven't tried a sandwich yet from Yummi Banh Mi, stop what you're doing right now and go grab one. Seriously though. This Vietnamese Food Truck knows how to rock your taste buds.
If you're not able to get to YBM right now (i.e. you're surfing the web at 3am...) you just can whip up your own sensational creation with this amazing recipe straight from their kitchen.
Yummi Banh Mi Food Truck
Shrimp Spring Rolls Recipe
Chef: Scott Tang
A light Vietnamese appetizer shrimp spring rolls paired with a peanut dipping sauce. Each roll is filled with fresh vegetables and shrimp.
Spring roll ingredients:
● Shrimp-boiled and peeled
● Rice vermicelli noodles
● Rice paper
● Green lettuce
Peanut dipping sauce ingredients:
● Creamy peanut butter
● Hoisin sauce
● Lime juice
● Soy sauce
1. Boil noodles
2. Strain then cold water bath
3. Boil shrimp
4. Strain, then cold water bath
5. Chop green lettuce into pencil-sized shavings
6. Chop cucumber in half, then long ways, then slice into 1 cm slices
7. Wet rice paper wrap to get it soft
8. Add 4 pieces of shrimp
9. Add 1 cucumber slice
10. Add bed of lettuce
11. Add noodles
14. Be amazed at the amazingness!!!
15. Take a token selfie with your creation. :)