Plaza Midwood’s newest business is taking #TreatYoSelf to the next level: Welcome to True Rest Float Spa. Opening in June, True Rest will be the first to bring this swanky self-care vibe to the Queen City.
Anticipated Open Date: June 1, 2019
Address: 906 Pecan Ave Charlotte, NC 28205
Mon: 4:00pm – 10:00pm
Tue – Sat: 10:00am – 10:00pm
Memberships & Packages:
Introductory Float $59
60 Minute Regular Float $79
Early-bird: (Buy one Float gift card, get one free – equates to $40/Float)
Basic $59/mo. [One 60 Minute Float/month (+1 shared user)]
Plus $99/mo. [Two 60 Minute Floats/month (+2 shared users)]
Premium $180/mo. [Four 60 Minute Floats/month (+4 shared users)]
What in the world is floating?
If you’re into Sci-Fi and self-care, floating is your haven. Hop in the shower, put in your earplugs, enter the pod (opened or closed), and float. Simple & it has some crazy benefits.
Why you should float:
- Hair, skin, and nails, baby: 1,000 pounds of Epsom Salt is used in the pod and it naturally acts as an exfoliate that all your favorites (hair, skin & nails) will L-O-V-E.
- The Salt helps prevent inflammation, relax joint pain, stress and chill out your whole system.
- Reduced Environmental Stimulation Therapy: in other words, limiting the stimulation of your senses. Doing so has been proven to induce a theta brain wave state (aka meditation), which is the gateway to learning, memory, intuition, and has been proven to lower anxiety and stress as well as promote relaxation
- Sleep better and harder – it probably is your iPhone making it harder for you to sleep but floating is said to help get you back on track.
- Healing: #TreatYoSelf and you can let your body repair itself during your float time as it returns to a dream state during your chill out session.
- Zero, Zero, Zero: feel refreshed. You actually can just chill out and not worry about anything at all while in zero gravity and zero distractions.
- There’s a cool light show before you get in. We can’t say this is a proven benefit, but it’s a super relaxing vibe.
Have you floated before? Would you float? Tell us below in the comments